EStoreMonster provides a platform, with industry-leading transaction power and marketing capabilities, designed for thousands of Not-For-Profit organizations and Small Businesses, to generate revenue by opening their very-own eStore, at no cost, to sell their logo/designs on a variety of apparel and merchandise.
Understanding of Project
The goal of the project originated as the Tshirtmonster.com phase 2 redevelopment project which was to develop an engaging and user-friendly, dynamic B2C and B2B ecommerce website to better promote and sell its digitally printed products by extending the functionality and adding new products. During the project the requirement evolved as well as the company name from enhancing the Tshirtmonster website to completely replacing it with a totally new solution.
THE PURPOSE OF THE ESTOREMONSTER WEBSITE:
For users to create products and stores for leisure or for selling and making profit. The ability to design products requires a web based design tool to facilitate graphics and text editing. The site was designed to expand on the features and functionality offered by websites like Zazzle and Threadless. Users and organizations can create custom stores to showcase their products and can utilize built-in tools to help promote and sell their products. Included is a robust back-end dashboard that will allow users and store owners to administer order and royalties.
- To improve usability and enhance opportunities to better interact with its audience; business and personal store owners, designers and customers.
- Craft an attractive, fun, clean, compelling, super easy to use b2b and b2c ecommerce website with interactive Web 2.0 social media tools.
- Implement Kentico CMS features that allow for content and products to be easily updated by staff.
- Build a streamlined template to make it easy to navigate, expand, maintain and update.
- Provide an efficient and cost effective method of delivering current information about the business and wide variety of product offerings.
- Carefully consider the users and business goals by implementing usability guides like: sitemap, bread crumbs, way-finding visuals, tool tips and share tools to provide users with a positive "accessible” browsing experience.
- Build the site backward browser compatible while adhering to W3C accessibility standards and multi-platform testing.
- Optimize the site for search engines and directories – implement searchable content and best practice.
- Use Web 2.0 technical coding standards fundamental to long term flexibility and wide platform compliance.
Dashboard: Provides store owner with an overview of their account details containing brief descriptions for and links to important account features, and for displaying their current royalty earnings and gift certificate balance.
My Account: Allows store owner to manage their account settings, public profile, and to view their favorite products and stores.
My Stores: Offers store owner the ability to create their own stores, and to manage store settings and appearances.
My Products: View and manage store products. Products can be moved between stores, organized into categories, updated or removed.
My Images: Store owner can upload, edit and organize their images. Saved images can be selected for use during Product creation, and for customizing the appearance of their stores.
Affiliates: Store owner can generate banners and panels that contain affiliate links to their stores, designs or products. Store owner obtains affiliate earnings for each user that clicks an affiliate link.
Reports: Staff can view which store owner is owed royalty money from the mark up of their products and from their affiliate referrals. A store owner can view a summary of their earnings.
Design Lab: A Flash interface allowing a user to create and apply custom design to a Product using built-in image and text editing tools. User may post their product for sale on the website or add the product directly to their shopping cart.
The redeveloped website must allow for future growth including product expansion and enhanced web functionality.
The primary challenge of this project was to create a clean, concise and structurally sound interface to accommodate an enormous amount of users, designs and a complex design tool developed in Flash that includes needs to integrate tightly with the Kentico CMS. The site also required maximum content management functionality by multiple users, from managing the site’s many types of products, designs, to simply adding and updating content, to editing and creating images and estores at the individual user level.
The completely redeveloped website was designed with a simple, contemporary, fresh and creative look and feel. The BIG creative idea behind this website is the large media banner which features promotions that the store are marketing at that time along with a selection of customer designs, estores and products that can be selected by the administrator in the CMS. The new site also incorporates an improved and intelligent navigation and content structure that is helped by the custom developed mega-menu web-part. Emphasis and careful consideration was placed upfront during the project's initial phases on a well thought-out UX and wireframe for each template and module.
All functional requirements had been met with the use of the several custom developed web-parts for the Kentico Content Management System and Flash for the design tool.