Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services; built on a 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. Our 30,000 dedicated employees are committed to meeting clients' individual preferences and to offering choices that enable them to be their best.
Revera's outdated CMS-based corporate website (www.reveraliving.com) required a comprehensive refresh to bring it up to today's corporate standards along with a competitive advantage. Revera had completed a thorough website assessment over a three-month period prior to project development. This assessment had identified new required website content, as well as Web 2.0 and CMS functionality/features and the need for SEO enhancements. The redeveloped website (English and French versions) should allow for future growth and enhanced web functionality, and be able to support all of Revera's corporate lines of business.
- Implement a coherent visual identity system across the site that strengthens Revera®’s brand and increase visibility
- Design a streamlined template to make it easy to navigate, expand, maintain and update
- Design should be flexible to allow for new technology to be implemented on an as needed basis
- The look and feel to accurately portray the quality and calibre of Revera® and brand by introducing impactful images depicting the diverse audience and user group placed throughout the website
- Craft an attractive, professional, clean, compelling website to support Revera®’s users with an information rich, interactive Web 2.0 toolset as per the Project Requirements
- Rename and re-architect primary and secondary navigation
- Improve menu terminology
- Provide an efficient and cost effective method of delivering current, factual information and news to its users to establish itself as resource for Revera® related news
- CMS implementation to accommodate multiple languages for both French and English
- Carefully consider the users and Revera®’s goals by implementing usability guides such as sitemaps, way finding visuals, site wide search fields, and print friendly versions of the web site content that provide users with a positive browsing experience
- Build the site backward browser compatible while adhering to W3C accessibility standards, Ontario website guidelines and multi-platform testing
- Use scalable enterprise solutions which include MSSQL server based database, Windows server, ASP.NET 2.0 and AJAX
- Optimize the site for search engines and directories – implement searchable content and best web practices
- Use Web 2.0 technical coding standards to establish code for flexibility and wide platform compliance
- Integrate a robust and scalable content management system to allow for easy document management, secure website updates and templates through a browser based Word–like editor
Functional Requirements Overview
- Bilingual dynamic language switch
- Google Geomapping of several hundred properties
- Customized location search
- Custom Events Calendar
- Content managed Image slider menu
- CMS driven mega-menu
The primary challenge of this project was to create a clean, concise and structurally sound interface to accommodate an enormous amount of content and a complex navigational structure that includes top, secondary and tertiary level menus. The site also required maximum content management functionality by multiple users, from managing the site’s many properties, to adding and updating content, to editing and creating events and administering calendars and news.
The completely redeveloped website was designed with a unique, contemporary, fresh and relevant look and feel. Each main section has a different colour scheme based on the corporate brand. The new site also incorporates an improved and intelligent navigation and content structure that is helped by the custom developed mega-menu web-part. Emphasis and careful consideration was placed upfront during the project's initial phases on a well thought-out UX and wireframe for each template and module.
All functional requirements had also been met with the use of the Kentico Content Management System and several custom web-parts.
"Inorbital ha been a pleasure to work with as our strategic implementation partner over the years and has helped us ensure the Kentico websites were up and running on the Microsoft Azure platform quickly and seamlessly."
Loris Parekh, Director, Digital Communications Revera Inc.
Key criteria for choosing Kentico EMS
Implementation – ease of integration and the ability to expand upon from a developer’s perspective.
Flexibility – highly important in order for us to build and manipulate the template based upon our designer’s vision.
Code – the code review proved to be enough for our developers to provide approval in the Kentico CMS as the engine for this project.
Support – The Kentico tech support team has been a tremendous help in the past from previous projects thus influencing us to continue on with them.
Cost – While the CMS is feature rich and functional, it is also very cost-effective, making it an affordable solution to our associations and non-profit clients.
Features – Many well thought-out features that support today’s Web 2.0 solutions.