Hightlights from the Kentico Connection in Nashvillle
As expected, this year's Kentico conference offered insightful presentations, deep-dive discussions, and peer-to-peer networking opportunities. Here are some key points of interest for Kentico users and developers:
- The latest version of Kentico is named Xperience by Kentico. This is not merely version 14, but a completely re-platformed version that represents the future of Kentico and DXP.
- Kentico is a single vendor composable DXP.
- Starting January 2024, Kentico will release an upgrade solution from version 12 (MVC) to Xperience by Kentico.
- Any upgrade from version 12 portal to Xperience will be data-only, using the universal cms data migration toolkit or upgrades and re-platforms.
- Version 13 is likely to end support in 2026, but there is less panic now that Kentico has an upgrade path from 13 to Xperience.
- Headless technology hasn’t fully lived up to its hype. Managing content still requires a hybrid approach for practical, modern web presence solutions.
- While SaaS is the future, traditional hosting will continue to be available from Kentico.
- Pricing is a little more complicated. There are two tiers, both for the license and for SaaS, based on channels and micro-channels.
- Xperience boasts quick setup and super-fast page loads, which is great news for marketers, users, and developers.
Looking forward to a new generation of Kentico solutions using the completely replatformed Xperience by Kentico!
Director and Founder
Inorbital founder and digital solution architect with over 20 years’ experience planning and directing dynamic web presence and web applications for all types of savvy organizations. When not directing Inorbital you can find him actively trying something completely new.